Friday, July 10, 2015

Gosh darn tooth

I'm eating a salad. I stab a bell pepper slice with the fork and bite into it. CRACK. The noise startles me, and I feel a jolt in my teeth, which now feel a bit uncomfortable, but nothing seems to be hurting. The fork is even intact and in good condition, which surprised me a bit due to the force of the jolt and the loudness of the crack. Seeing that the fork is in good condition, I instantly check my front tooth since that's the one that feels the most uncomfortable. Still to my surprise, my tooth is fine. This doesn't convince me, however, and I check the tooth a few more times (not thinking to check my other teeth). The tooth is still fine, and I turn back to my salad.
When the salad is done, I bite into my pizza. It's still warm, which is nice, but a sharp heat darts up one of my teeth. I run my tongue over my teeth, and my tongue catches on a jagged corner. Wait, no… There is no corner.
GOSH DANG IT!
It's the tooth next to the tooth I was positive was cracked! That's the one that's really screwed! So, yeah, I chipped one of my teeth for the third time in my life. (The first time was in a swimming pool. I actually chipped BOTH front teeth that time. I don't recall the second time, but that tooth is still scarred).
This is just a little post concerning my current bane. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying being in America so far. But having a chipped tooth is annoying and stingingly painful (more stingingly sensitive than painful, but whatever). We're going to a church camp tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.
Nadi OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment