Sunday, July 5, 2015

Going To America; Journal Entries

It's July 4th, 12:34 AM Malaysia time, and we've just taken off. The seatbelt sign has turned off, so hopefully that means I can use my iPad right now. OH! The pilot just said that I'm allowed to! YEAH!
Dang it, these PA announcements are annoying- THERE we go, it's done, and I'm listening to Elsa singing Let It Go again. So, yeah, I created an inflight playlist using the inflight music available. Let's see, what do I have on here…
Wake Me Up by Avicii
Hey Brother by Avicii
Frozen Heart, Let It Go, and Love Is An Open Door from Frozen
Master of the House, and One Day More from Les Miserables
Handy by Weird Al
Word Crimes by Weird Al
Now That's What I Call Polka by Weird Al
And, finally, Elastic Heart by Sia
So, yeah. I don't really get to listen to these songs often. I mean, the only ones I actually own are the Weird Al songs. Oh, I just got some salted peanuts. I may or may not eat them… Peanuts usually make me dizzy. Anyway, so I'm planning to watch some inflight movies. I'll most likely watch Avengers: Age of Ultron, and possibly In Time. I watched previews of In Time a couple years back and it looked really cool. Myrddin is watching Dead Poet's Society. YEAH, Robin Williams!
That's all I've got to say for now. There may or may not be updates.
--
We're in Paris now. Not sure about the date, but it's apparently around 8 to 7 AM right now. The time is 1:38 PM in Malaysia.
So, I listened to my playlist for awhile before watching Avengers: Age of Ultron. For some reason, Pietro/Quicksilver's death hit me a lot harder than the first time I watched it. I guess I was just really tired. Oh! Gotta go!
--
Ok, back. We had to jump on a bus to get to another part of the airport. Our plane to Charlotte will take off around 11 AM. Yeah, that's… that's gonna take awhile. Anyway, so I finished Age of Ultron, then listened to my inflight playlist again. Since it was on repeat, I just let it flow, and I guess I fell asleep. Actually, I think that was the best sleep I have ever had on a plane (and that's saying a lot).
After I woke up, breakfast was served (cheese omelet with sausage), and I started watching In Time. I thought it was pretty good, even though I wasn't able to watch the last forty minutes of it since we were gonna be landing pretty soon. I spent the last twenty minutes on the plane re-listening to Wake Me Up and Hey Brother. It's official, I want those songs. I want to make AMVs with them.
Now we're in France, and everything looks really weird to me. I've seen a few Asians, but of course a very large majority of the people here are white.
Anyhoo, that's all I have to say for now. Peace out, or something.
--
Oh, my gosh. Everything here is so AMERICAN. From the lack of motorcycles on the very wide and empty roads, to the very American names on all the signs. Heck, I swear I just saw a cloud that looks like a bald eagle.
It's July 4th, 3:18 PM, American time. It's also July 5th, 3:18 AM, Malaysian time. Anyway, the point is, we're here.
The ride from France to Charlotte was… interesting. I spent the entire time watching movies. The Fantastic Mr. Fox, Night At The Museum: Secret of the Tomb, Annie (2014 remake), Into The Woods, and Edge of Tomorrow (minus 22 minutes). Yeah, I didn't have any sleep this time around.
We're in- Ooh, Chick Filet! We're in our grandfather's VW van now, going to our grandparent's house. I'm not feeling that tired right now, but I KNOW that I will crash if provided with a dark room and big bed. I want coffee. Anyway, that's it for now. I might update this journal entry tonight before I go to bed, and then bring it to a close
--
After living in Malaysia for so long, I keep on forgetting that the Fourth of July is supposed to mean something to me. "Is there something happening today? Like, an American thing that involves fireworks? Hey, mom…?" And then, "OH YEAH! The American Independence Day!"
Happy 4th of July, or…
HAPPY PATRIOTIC EXPLOSION DAY!
--
Our family just had a small, American dinner of grilled steaks, hamburgers, sausages and vegetables, with punch, soda and chips on the side. Then red and blue jello with whipped cream on top for desert. It was a good night. It's only 6:41 PM (American time), but I am about ready to pass out. I'm gonna take my shower and go to bed.
Goodnight, peeps! Nadi OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment