Saturday, June 27, 2015

Recent interests

My cold is still raging within my body and it is gosh awful! I was planning to make a Robots in Disguise post, but I'm still too tired to do that. So what else can I do? Make a boring list of what has caught my interest these past six months. In order. My head is hurting already.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil
One of the first things that caught my attention this year, I actually didn't expect to like this cartoon as much as I do now. I mean, I heard it was created by a story board artist for Wander Over Yonder, a cartoon that didn't really interest me. (I tried, ok)? But only watching the first half episode, I was instantly in love with the world and characters of Star vs. the Forces of Evil. Star Butterfly and Marco Diaz's relationship is definitely one of the highlights of the show, giving me a kind of Kim Possible/Ron Stoppable type of feel when it comes to their charm as a duo.

Portal
Some of you should already know this, since I've mentioned it in past posts, but I've recently gotten into Portal. I first came across Portal in a parody. Somebody had taken Five Nights at Freddy's characters and put them in Portal. (If you know Rebornica and Mysticbaconslice, then you probably know what I'm talking about). I was curious, so I looked up Portal and was surprised to see it was a video game. So I watched a Blitzwinger do a let's play of both Portal games and I instantly loved it. It seems like such a simple game, but it has such appealing characters and an excellent story. Also, J.K. Simmons voices a character, so that's something. I'm planning to get the games soon enough…

Over the Garden Wall
Anyone who's been paying attention these last few months or so know this. You can read the story of how I first got into Over the Garden Wall here or, if you're to lazy to click a link, I'll just tell you. Last year, around December, I introduced a friend to Gravity Falls. She enjoyed it, and said it reminded her of Over the Garden Wall, which she recommended to me. I said I would check it out, but I didn't actually go out of my way to do so until this year. And OMG, it is among one of the best cartoon series I have seen… If you want to read my full praise on this fantastic miniseries, just click the 'here' link above.

Creepypasta
I don't know what to say. I never really understood creepypastas. I mean, I knew a few of the more popular ones, mainly just Slenderman and Jack the Killer, but otherwise I didn't know scrap. Then I listened to a couple of them on CreepsMcPasta's youtube channel. Intrigued, I decided to go out of my way to figure out what creepypastas were. Things kind of left off from there. I don't obsessively read creepypastas, but I do read a few every couple days. Check out the Creepypasta wiki. It's where I've been reading most of them. So far, The Smiling Man is the only creepypasta that has succeeded in scaring the heck out of me.

Team Fortress 2
Well, this is… interesting. I'm not sure if this counts, since I'm not as fully into this as I am with the other things on this list. Then again, this is a list of interests, not obsessions, and yes Team Fortress 2 caught my interest. I'm not an avid video or computer game player, but I can dig them. However, first-person-competitive-shooter games have never really appealed to me since their dark and gritty atmosphere just left me feeling bored and feeling bad. Then I caught notice of Team Fortress 2. Bright Pixar-esq animation and gameplay? Hey, I can dig that! So, yeah… I went out of my way to look things up, and I've been becoming steadily more interested. And hey, it's apparently free to play! I want to shoot people.

Bioshock
Gosh, dang it… This grabbed my interest about three days ago, and WOW. I'm kind of jealous about just how awesome this story was. Actually, I'm pretty sure I had a story idea akin to Bioshock awhile back, but whatever. The only thing I regret about getting into this is that I didn't get to play the game and figure out the story myself. Yeah, whenever I get into games, I hardly EVER actually get to play the game myself. The Nancy Drew games series is the only exception. Anyway, alongside Portal, Bioshock is a game I would be willing to spend money on.

That's it… Yep, that's it. Not sure what else to say. 'I seriously went out of my way to find these gifs', I guess. Anyhoo, Nadi OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment