Thursday, August 7, 2014

Backwards and Forwards

Going through this blog, back to 2010, it's kind of painful to read sometimes. Though, it's cool to see myself steadily mature. In the broadest sense possible. Though, what's kinda weird is that you see me talking about NCIS a LOT in past posts, and it's not until recently, when I've 'matured' that my posts are dedicated to cartoons.
Well, like I've said before, I grew up on CSI (it's almost as old as I am, seriously), Law and Order and such. I did see a few cartoons, such as Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry, Chip and Dale. You know, the usual generic cartoon. Not until last year did I really start getting into cartoons, such as Transformers (a LOT of Transformers), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012), various Spider-Man cartoons, and, believe it or not, Kim Possible. It's old, isn't it? Kim Possible? I remember one or two episodes from when I was nine or whatever. Also, Gravity Falls, Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Justice League, Teen Titans, Batman the Animated Series… It kind of opens a new world for me, as someone who didn't really grow up with cartoons. Now, I rant with the 80s cartoons fandoms about the upcoming movies (Transformers, TMNT). I know what's going to happen in the movie adaption (Spider-Man, Batman). I anticipate a movie adaption (Justice League). And I greatly anticipate ongoing cartoons (Spider-Man, Transformers, TMNT, Ninjago, Gravity Falls).
Of course, while this whole 'maturing' thing seems backwards, my maturation in writing certainly goes forward. I seriously wince at my old writing on here, but I don't want to delete them of course. No good comes from deleting your old works, seriously. But it's still cool to see my writing get better through the years. Sorta…
Ok, that's all I wanted to say. I'll leave you with this other picture of Bill Cipher. No, I'm not getting obsessed with drawing the guy, it's just… he's the only one in Gravity Falls I can actually draw.
For the record, I'm proud of that fire. Bill says buy gold. C'ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment