Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Subconscious echoes

I've just realized that the title of this post has given me a short story idea. Anyway, I'm writing a short story (maybe 'short' is kind of stretching it… it's not a novel, but it isn't only three pages long either), and there might be a moment when the main character falls into unconsciousness, and listening to the echoes of events that happened during the story (before coming dramatically back to consciousness in the hospital or something). I like those moments inside movies. They're really cool.


"I, Tobias Stine, promise not to tell mom what you did…"
"…why can't you see me be a baseball killer?"
"No, no! My parents!"
"…you're the man of the house now."
"You promised! You brother promised!"
"Shut up!"
"I'm so sorry, Wolf…"
"Are you sure you want to do this?"
"What, should I just throw him away? I can't do that! I promised!"
"It's just a scratch, Toby."
"…I think he might be being bullied."
"Whatever you say, Tobias."
"What kind of guardian does that make you?"
"I hate this! They won't leave me alone!"
"Freak!"
"I know it's not just a game, Wolfie. But sometimes, you just need to treat some things as such."
"Sorry, kid. No college, no future."
"You've never lost your parents! You've never had to watch over someone, trying to act like one, with Social Services watching over your shoulder!"
"I'm too much trouble…
"Back. Off."
"Toby!"

I'll just leave you guys with this. And figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment