Saturday, September 7, 2013

Bikes and Forts

It's been two years.
Or has it? It doesn't seem to have changed that much...
No... It's quieter. Not as many kids as last time.
No kids actually.

What about the playground? Still littered with toys...
Sandbox items; toy trucks; disowned bikes...
Kids just toss them there, for any other kid to pick up for free...

My best bike was a disowned bike.
Yellow and black wasn't it? Like a bumblebee...
Too bad about the tires, though.

There used to be a chair strapped near the top of that tree...
Don't ask. My fear of heights was already established, I think...
I have no memories of climbing it... Pity...

Of course it's not there... Shame, though...
Remember the first time it was ruined?
We didn't know the rocks were to keep the creek from flooding...
Not for forts.

This is it... The exact spot I met my first best friend.
He had his brothers with him.
For some reason, he threatened to have me arrested...
Don't smirk at me! We were only six!

My second best bike was stolen, remember?
It was blue with retro red stripes; my young pride and joy.
Dumb teenage delinquents...

I'M a teenager now! I don't feel like stealing a seven year old's bike!
At least they dumped it...

We're going already? Oh...
We aren't going to visit here again.
For another two years at least.
I hope my memory will still be clear then...

No comments:

Post a Comment