Sunday, August 4, 2013

Me in a nutshell

This is a mini speech I made in JPS (Junior Public Speaking group; a generally homeschooled group where the homeschool kids learn about public speaking). I decided to post it here, just because. And it describes at least some of me…

Hey, my name is Bernadette, but most people call me Nadi, which I honestly prefer; it suits me better… Bernadette is too elegant for me… It's French for Pete's sake. (I'm sorry, France, I'm not trying to be racist).
I'm fourteen years old, and have been since May.
I'm from America, but I've been all over the world… Except for Antarctica… Anyway, I've lived here for practically half my life.
Are any of you obsessed with movies?
AWESOME! So am I!
Ever since age nine, it's been my dream to get into the movie business; directing, producing, acting, I don't care, I just want to get in and make movies!
This obsession is one of many… I want to talk about all of them, but I'll just talk about one… For the moment at least. I love singing, and I don't know what I would do if I lost my voice.
My latest obsession is mystery and action. No, wait… It's actually a really old obsession. I grew up watching CSI instead of Spongebob. Don't worry, I'm not a psychopath or anything because of this!
I enjoy reading all mysteries from Sherlock Holmes to the Hardy boys. Lately, I've been trying to write mysteries… Heck, I even DREAM of mysteries.
I'm not someone who is easily spooked, and I'm willing to watch X-Files at night. Though preferably with a friend; I hate being alone…
The person I'm closest to is most probably my sister… We don't always see eye to eye (she's more of the fantasy type for one thing, while, like I said, I'm more into mysteries and action), but we are still pretty close…
If I were to describe myself, I would say… a really weird girl… I hate shopping… I hate dresses… I hate high heels. I'm more into jeans and T-shirts…
As a kid, I was rather adventurous… Or stubborn, whatever… Like the time I got stuck in a tree… I insisted on climbing it… And couldn't climb down.
This is probably the foundation for my strong fear of heights… That, and the time I fell off a swing, but that's another story…
Hmmm… I think I'll wrap this up, because I'm getting hungry…
See ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment