Sunday, January 6, 2013

Watched Les Misérables

Watched Les Mis with friends last night…
I cried A LOT. Fantine, Eponine, Jean Valjean… not to mention the boy and everyone else…
When the movie ended, the entire theater audience applauded… :3 Even my sister, who almost never cries about anything except when she is woken up in the middle of the night, cried during the movie. The singing made it all unique, having almost no actual back and forth talking without singing. Though Cosette's high notes kind of made her hard to listen to, everyone had such amazing voices.
This movie is the most amazing I have seen since Lord of the Rings, and that is REALLY saying something, because I LOVE that movie!
Hugh Jackman did his amazing acting as always, and this, no doubt, will be one of the roles that he will forever be remembered for. Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean maybe even rivaling Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.
Anne Hathaway as Fantine made me cry. Her acting was so convincing, and my empathy was going a bit crazy… it's hard to remember Anne as that girl in Princess diaries.
Helena Boham Carter was… dude… she keeps on acting these insane, crazy women… and she is awesome all the time. This time was no exception…
Samantha Barks as Eponine… I love the way she could pour the emotion of a head over heels in love sick girl into her music. Her last song had me crying, which leads me to
Eddie Redmayne… I won't lie, he is really handsome. Him as Marius was perfect, and his voice is amazing. Him finally falling in love with Eponine… only lasted for a single song… but it was truly beautiful…
Russell Crowe… from Maximus (that movie inevitably made me cry) to Javert… (Joash, it's pronounced jah-vare not jav-ert)… An amazing singer and actor. He put such power into all the scenes he was in, especially Javert's death scene. (That sound -shudder-).
I think I'm finished writing because those are the only actors/actresses I can remember. Again, it was an amazing movie… that description sounds flat, but there is no other way to say it… how bout…
FABULOUS!

6 comments:

  1. Marius never fell in love with Eponine... She was his best friend and he loved her as a friend. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it sure as heck LOOKED like he fell in love with her, dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know :(...... BUt right after Eponine dies he goes and sings about Cosette. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marius' to-do list:
    Find Cosette.
    Sing with Eponine as she dies.
    Grieve her death for a couple minutes...
    Find Cosette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lifelong Friend Dies... And he goes and cries about a girl he just met.
    sweet, insensitive to everyone but Cosette.
    GOTTA LOVE MARIUS PONtMERCY

    ReplyDelete